Table of Contents
The Sense Beach House
The Sense Beach House is a quiet and modernly decorated boutique property on 4th and Ocean in Miami’s South Beach. Whether it’s the beach, the restaurants, the nightlife, or the people watching, The Sense Beach House is perfect for those who are in search of a comfortable and relaxing stay within walking distance of all the action that South Beach has to offer.
Deluxe Ocean View King
As soon as we walked into our Deluxe Ocean View King Room, we were just about blinded by the natural light that shines through the beautiful floor to ceiling windows that wrap around one whole side of the room.
We instantly fell in love with the bright white and natural wood style decorations in the room. To say that this room was clean would be a complete understatement. It was spotless! I’m honestly not sure how they keep everything in the room looking so white.
For some reason, the enormous King size bed felt bigger than a king. We experienced great sleep each night thanks to the big feather pillows and a light duvet.
For those of you who need to get a little work done while on vacation, the Sense Beach House offers desks and chairs in all of their guestrooms. Our room had a very spacious desk topped with water and assorted snacks. There is also a mini-fridge located down in the lower cabinet on the right hand side of the desk.
The room has a large wrap around balcony that runs along the front and side of the room although 75% of it is unusable due to the balcony being too narrow to even put a chair down. There is a spot for two chairs right outside the sliding glass door which is plenty of room for what we needed it for.
The bathroom was a little on the smaller side, but the large walk in shower definitely made up for it. We enjoyed the dark wood tile that ran along the walls of the bathroom as it seemed to add a nice finishing touch to the room.
- King Bed
- Ensuite Bathroom w/ Walk-in Shower
- Free Wi-Fi
- In-room safe
- Large closet/storage space
- Full-length stand up mirror
- Floor to ceiling wrap around windows
- Flat panel television
- Clock/Radio/iPod dock
- Partial ocean view
- Hair dryer/ironing board
Having a rooftop pool that overlooks Ocean Drive is a pretty incredible amenity to say the least. We spent a few hours each day lounging on the ultra comfy sun chairs by the pool. The best part is that we had the entire roof to ourselves during our stay.
Overall, the Deluxe Ocean View King Room at the Sense Beach House was everything that we could ever want in a guest room. A super clean room, a comfy bed to sleep in each night and a brightly lit bathroom. What more could you want in a room when you’re located directly on South Beach?
The customer service at the Sense Beach House was exceptional. The front desk staff were pleasant and Patricia Trias (General Manager) was friendly and welcoming. We would stay at The Sense Beach House again in a heartbeat!
The Sense Beach House is located right on 4th St & Ocean Drive. Turn left out of the hotel and you’ll be steps from the beach, restaurants, and nightlife. Walk straight out the door, cross the street and within 300 yards you’ll be on South Beach.
- The Wi-Fi connection at Sense Beach House was really slow during our stay. I was able to upload a few photos to my Facebook, but it took forever. Having a good Wi-Fi connection is a big deal for me as I usually tend to work online at night when I’m on vacation.
- The air-conditioning seemed to only work if you were walking around the room. Is it on a sensor of some sort? While I like the idea of saving energy, it doesn’t help that it’s on a sensor while you’re in bed trying to sleep.
- We enjoyed having the “partial ocean view” room but it’s not worth the upgrade in our opinion. Sure, you can see a small portion of the ocean through the two buildings across the road, but it’s really not that necessary if you don’t have the extra cash lying around.
- Telephone : (305) 538-5529
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: The Sense Beach House
- Facebook: The Sense Beach House on Facebook
Disclosure: The Sense Beach House provided me with two nights at a media rate and two nights comped in exchange for an honest review of the property. All views and opinions expressed above are my own.