Have you ever been concerned about the safety of your passport when you travel? If so, here are four helpful tips that will to make sure your passport never gets stolen or compromised when you’re on the road.
Today I have yet another expert travel tip for you guys. I’m going to be telling you guys how to keep your passport safe while traveling.
How to Keep Your Passport Safe
1. My first piece of advice when it comes to keeping your passport safe is to simply leave it at your hotel. Don’t bring it with you. While leaving your passport in a hotel isn’t the best option, it’s a hell of a lot safer than keeping your passport on you.
But, where do I hide my passport in my hotel room?
The number one place to keep your passport in your hotel room is in the in-room safe, if you have one. Remember all hotel safes can be compromised as you can see in this video. No safe is 100% safe and no hotel staff can be completely trusted but at the same time it is so much better to leave your passport at your hotel versus storing it on you.
2. The second best place in your hotel to store your passport would be at the front desk. All you have to do is head down to the front desk and ask if they have a safe or a place to hold valuables. This puts the responsibility on the hotel staff so they feel more accountable to keep your passport safe.
3. The third way to keep your passport safe when you’re traveling is to sew a pocket into your favorite jeans or shorts that you wear when you’re traveling. All you need to do is buy some fabric, fit it to the passport and have it sewn in. If you don’t know how to sew, ask your mom.
4. Last but not least if you’re going to take your passport out with you and you don’t have a pocket sewn into your pants or your shorts, hide it in your backpack. Whatever you do, do not put it in your backpack where it can be easily accessed. Avoid placing your passport in the front pocket or the top pocket where a thief can easily get their paws on it. The best way to hide your passport is to put it inside of a pocket, inside of a pocket.
5. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more travel tip videos! (optional but highly recommended)
In conclusion, the best place to store your passport when you traveling is at your accommodations, whether its your apartment, hotel, or hostel. Most accommodations have in-room safes or lockers these days. If you dont’ feel safe using your in-room safe, feel free to ask the staff at the front desk of your hotel to keep their eyes on it. At the end of the day there’s really no 100% safe way to keep your passport form being stolen.
Well thats about it for this video on how to keep your passport safe when you travel. I hope you guys enjoyed it. If you did, please give it a thumbs up and share it with your friends and family.
Where do you hide your passport? Leave a comment below and let me know your best passport safety tips.